Completed in 2013, this 9-month project resulted in a uniquely designed 80 m2 one-bedroom bungalow in Alsancak, North Cyprus. With a modern eclectic theme surrounded by a lush, mature fruit-tree garden, this bungalow stands out from the range of traditional Cypriot architecture and construction. Stone walls, plenty of glass and wood features, and an elevated above the ground level view add to the beauty of this space.
A spacious lounge and open plan kitchen resulted in abundant natural light due to custom designed glass walls. A separate dressing room was designed next to the bedroom for increased storage and added convenience.
- The construction of original wood ceilings supported with round cypress tree timbers required special knowledge and skills by the Cyprus Homebuilders team.
- Large rocks were incorporated into a beautiful stone wall to create a unique shelving option.
- A specially designed fireplace was assembled from rustic old bricks.
- The floor and ceiling were heat-proofed for added durability.
- Large windows were installed for maximum natural lighting including windows at the ceiling for airing rooms during hot summers and pulling in some heat from the winter sun.
To view a step-by-step construction process, please click on the pictures below: